Dear Church Family,
We are pleased to announce that we have opened the church on a limited basis. Currently, we are having an adult Sunday School class in the sanctuary at 9:45 am and our Worship Service at 10:30 am on Sundays. We are not having our,
Fellowship Time or Wednesday night activities at at the church at this time.
Since we totally understand and support that many of our congregation are not able to join together, we want to stay connected. We will continue to have on-line ministries available even after we reopened. On Sundays, we will continue to have on-line messages posted on Facebook, the church website and YouTube. We will also continue to have Wednesday night Prayer gatherings over ZOOM. Since we are a family, we support everyone’s decision as to when they feel comfortable in returning to church.
Please know that the cleaning and sanitizing of the church is our top priority. As we gather together, we continue to observe practices that protect everyone, including those who are at-risk and most vulnerable.
The Board is implementing many cleaning and safety measures which are meant to protect each of you The following guidelines are some of those measures that will directly impact everyone as we gather together:
- As so much is still unknown about this virus, please understand that you come at your own risk.
- Everyone must wear a face mask in order to
protect others and make them feel safe. Please bring your own mask for each member of
your family. We will have a limited
number of disposable masks available for those who do not have one.
- Everyone over 2 years of age must wear a mask.
- We continue social distancing, by ensuring 6 feet between individuals or family members of the same household during services. In other words, families must sit together.
- Ushers will seat people and dismiss rows at the end of the service.
- We have hand sanitizers in high-contact locations. Everyone is asked to sanitize their hands and put their masks on upon entering the building.
- When we take communion, we will use prepackaged
elements that will be distributed as people enter by a person wearing gloves.
- We have replaced the Offering during service with a box at the Welcome Center and, we continue to encourage on-line giving.
For the time being, the above guidelines are necessary to keep people as safe as we can during this unprecedented time. Thank you again for your understanding and support. Whenever we gather together, we have family members with us that are at risk. We miss being together and these guidelines help to ensure as much safety as possible even though there will always remain a risk.
Please continue to pray for the eradication of this virus, for those affected by it and, that God’s hand will move across our country and heal our nation.
Serving Jesus with you,
Pastor Mark and the Castleton Church Board